It is funny that someone would think I am not thankful for my husband. That is wrong.
Everyday I thank God for the gift he gave me. Everyday I am thankful for the ease it is to live with, even though sometimes it is very hard. God helps me to see everything that he does for us without fail, every single day. I pray for God to show me, things he does that I do not see, because it is in those times, I see where God wants me to pray for him.
The son that God gave me, I realize is lost. Salvation is, foremost, I can guess, in God's mind for His son. The only way I can help is to show him how a Christian, no a Christ Follower, should act. I am not perfect as you can tell by my writings. I am full of faults, full of doubts and pain and spiritual loneliness.
It amazes me, that my husband still loves me, despite all my faults and failings. I love him very much and I do thank God everyday for him. I do not have to worry about him not coming home, or spending his paycheck at the local bar. I do not have to worry about not having things that I or our daughter needs, he makes sure he does his best for us. When he feels he fails short, I pray God would provide for him, whatever it is he needs, at the time.
Right now, we are one of the millions of families suffering the financial strain, unsure of how we are going to keep our home and car, while the economy is slumping and does not seem to be pickup up anytime soon. These worries he stresses to me, his fear of not being able to provide. I ask God to take care of him and give him the wisdom that I can not. I ask God to help me, to help the son He gave me. All I can do is pray and keep his home and family as happy as possible.
You asked about the picture and why he is not in it. First, he does not like his picture taken, so I have very few pictures of him. The picture I have on this site was actually a Christmas present to him a year ago. Second, unfortunately, he does not want to be associated with Christ right now. He does, I am sure, realize that through me he is associated with Christ, but he does not believe the way I do. In fact, I have been told by him, that believing in “religion” is a crutch for the weak minded. A far cry, from my belief, that Christ is the one and only way to God. Hence, my prayers for his salvation.
I guess were this is going, is to let you know, those who do visit this site, I do love and thank God for the gift I was given in my husband. It is easy for those on the outside looking in to say that something is missing, but we do not live in glass houses. Every gift, whether it be, your husband or child, should remind you how great a God we have. He gave us something that was hard and something that we were not sure we could handle, but He knew, from the beginning, that we needed His gift in order to grow in Him.
Everyday may bring new challenges and new hopes, but everyday should bring us closer to Him, who created us and loves us very much. Keep on praying and one day, God will see His son return.
In Christ’s love, until next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really want to commend you for how uplifting and positive you are about your husband. That is a trait of a very godly woman and one that many woman should strive to achieve. It is so refreshing to hear a wife talk so generously about their husband. Kudos!
Be encouraged!
Post a Comment