Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Purpose

I have been working through The Purpose Drive Life by Rick Warren; I am telling you because God says and Rick Warren to tell others what you are going through, not only for accountability towards others but for encouragement and fellowship. So what I am going to do is post my responses for the days that I am working on.

40 days in all.... actually 41 (I am sick right now and I missed yesterdays.)

Day #1
Ponder: "It's not about me."
Verse: Colossians 1:16b NJKV "All things were created through Him and for Him."
Question: "In spite of all the advertising around me, how can I remind myself that life is really about living for God, not myself?"
Response: First of all shut off the TV and go for a walk. Sometimes just walking around looking at all of God's creation reminds me, that I had nothing to do with Earths' existence or creation, for that matter not even my own. When I see children, babies and little toddlers, I am reminded of the awesome power our Creator has, not me.

Day#2
Ponder: "I am not an accident."
Verse: Isaiah 44:2 NKJV "Thus says the Lord who made you and formed you from the womb, who will help you, "Fear not, O [Hannah], my servant and you [Hannah], whom I have chosen."
(I opted to personalize it, so I inserted my name, to remind me He is talking to me.)
Question: "Knowing that God uniquely created me, what areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept?"
Response: I don't like the pimples. They bother me most. I don't think I have a problem with my personality. I am quite happy with the way I turned out, and I notice as I get older I just reconfirm the important thing in life (my relationship with Christ). My background, sure I wish some things were different. I would be lying to say that I don't wish for differences. Each thing I went through has shaped me, whether I strife came from my own stupidity or the ever testing and wake up calls for my Lord, every situation has shaped me. I am stronger as a person now, than I ever was before. Thank the Lord he is not done with me yet and I believe there is much more pruning to come.

No comments: